Certified School Risk Manager (CSRM) - Training Series
The Certified School Risk Managers Program (CSRM) is a cohesive, unified education and designation program that builds risk management knowledge as well as trust within the school system. Participants will attain in-depth knowledge of the risk management process and terminology based on the philosophy and theory of school risk management. They will also learn how to better protect their schools against unplanned losses and to effectively maintain budget integrity in tough economic times by gaining proficiency in: Risk Identification, Risk Analysis, Risk Control, Risk Financing and Risk Administration.
The CSRM faculty is represented by practicing school risk management professionals. Participants will become more efficient, knowledgeable, and better able to affect the total cost of risk impacting the budget of the school system.
SIA is sponsoring CSRM Online Virtual Classroom Courses. Each course will be conducted live by instructors John Chino or Judy Miller, in the form of two webinars. The course book will be sent to you electronically and you will receive email invitations from GoToWebinar for each session referenced below, 5 days before the course with reminders 1 day and 1 hour before webinar starts.
Please RSVP via this survey no later than one week prior to each class. The cost for certifying and renewals are $110 (including the test fee), which is covered by SIA for SIA member districts. Invoices will be generated for non-SIA member participants following the completion of the course.
- CA CE credit and CSRM update Credit requires full attendance at course.
- Certifying Participants will have 3 day testing window to contact Monitor EDU and take the exam with an online proctor.
- Renewing Participants are not required to take a test.
2021 Virtual Classroom SERIES sponsored by SIA:
- March 24, 2021: Fundamentals of Risk Management - John Chino
- May 12, 2021: Handling School Risks - Judy Miller
- July 28, 2021: Measuring School Risks - Judy Miller
- September 29, 2021: Funding School Risks - John Chino
- November 17, 2021: Administering School Risks - John Chino
- 7:30 AM – 8:00 AM Join Webinar #1
- 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM Course Instruction
- 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM Lunch – on your own
- 12:30 pm – 12:45 PM Join Webinar #2
- 12:45 PM – 3:45 PM Course Instruction
- 3:45 PM-4:15 PM Q&A Exam Briefing
For information on your CSRM status and renewal requirements, login to your account.
Annually you must participate in one course, no test required. You can attend any of the virtual courses hosted by SIA.