Golden Carrot Fund
The Golden Carrot fund provides for the promotion of health and wellness programs in the SIA member districts. Emphasis is on reaching the greatest number of district employees with the wellness message. SIA will be changing some of the policies of use and reimbursement. The following points are in place starting July 1, 2021.
- One representative at the district will be appointed and act as point person to correspond with SIA staff (Michele Mariscal email@example.com ) In order to facilitate fund usage most efficiently it is necessary to streamline this process with one district representative who tracks all requests that may be made from other personnel planning health and wellness programming.
- All use of funds will begin with the completion and submission of the Golden Carrot Fund Request Form.
- Once authorized, school district will purchase items or service and provide receipts for reimbursement or invoices for payment providing information for payment (who to pay to, school district, address). School District may also submit invoice to remit payment to vendor.
- After event, complete and submit Prevention Project/ Activity Evaluation.
Golden Carrot Fund Policy and Usage Guidelines
Eligibility: Only school districts in the SIA Workers' Compensation Program are eligible for funding. Funding distribution is based upon each district's participation in the workers' compensation pool.
Funding Allotment: An amount is budgeted each year and approved by the SIA Board of Directors. This amount is then divided among the members based on their percentage of participation in the workers' compensation pool.
Usage: Funds are available each SIA fiscal year (July 1 - June 30). Funds will not be carried over to the next fiscal year. Districts must receive prior written approval for all purchases using fund money. Funds shall be used for items or services that promote health and wellness, or support health and wellness campaigns or initiatives. Funds cannot be used for district staff salaries or items SIA staff find unrelated to health and wellness education. No more than 5% of the fund may be used for auxiliary items (i.e. decorations, utensils, tablecloths) and only during a health and wellness related event.
Fund Request Procedures
- Decide on the project or activity.
- Determine the item or service needed.
- Determine the cost and quantity needed. Depending on the item or service, SIA may already have a resource available at a reduced cost so please ask us.
- Complete the Golden Carrot Fund Request Form and send to SIA Prevention Services for review at least 2 weeks prior to your event. Forms may be mailed, faxed, emailed or delivered in person.
- After receiving authorization, you may purchase the approved item(s) or service(s). Save your receipts.
- After your event, fill out a Prevention Project/Activity Evaluation and send it along with your receipts and Please address it to SIA Prevention Services, P.O. Box 276710, Sacramento, Ca 95827-6710. OR email Mmariscal@sia-jpa.org.