Schools Insurance Authority (SIA) is a Joint Powers Authority dedicated to meeting the risk management and risk financing needs of its membership. For school districts in SIA's programs, stable and reasonable insurance costs are maintained through smart risk pooling techniques, effective prevention services, joint purchasing of services, and the development of necessary programs that serve to protect the people in our membership and our members' assets. We partner with our members to help them be successful in preventing workplace injuries and property loss and maintaining safe and strong school environments for students and employees.
To protect the human and financial resources of our member school districts in order to assure continuation of the educational process by:
- Stabilizing rates and operational costs;
- Providing innovative, responsive, professional risk management service;
- Promoting excellence and quality in meeting our organizational and membership needs;
- Maintaining a proactive leadership role in the JPA community.
In accordance with our Mission Statement, SIA programs include:
- Self-insured and self-administered property, liability and workers' compensation programs, ensuring that we provide quality programs at responsible costs;
- Self-funded dental and vision programs, managed by SIA staff using contracted claims and eligibility services;
- Prevention measures, trainings and collaborative opportunities that address the human and structural issues.