Lines of Coverage
Schools Insurance Authority (SIA) follows a philosophy of service to its members. The staff understands the challenges facing our members, and therefore, programs are designed to serve as a resource for meeting those challenges in a practical and economical manner. Whether it is rates, coverage, or services offered to the members, SIA strives to be part of the solution.
Benefits of Membership
- SIA strives to maintain rate stability over time so that members do not experience significant year-to-year program cost fluctuations.
- Coverages offered by SIA are designed to meet both legal requirements and what is prudent based on the activities of the members.
- Services offered are focused on how best to assist our members and prevent losses. Our Prevention Department offers assistance with meeting the many federal and state compliance requirements, building relationships within districts and encouraging safe and healthy work practices.
Schools Insurance Authority offers property, liability, workers’ compensation and dental and vision coverage to its members. Ancillary coverage includes fidelity bond and underground storage tanks (UST).
- Property/General and Auto Liability
SIA provides first party physical property damage coverage as well as comprehensive legal liability and automobile liability coverage for our member districts.
- Workers' Compensation
The SIA Workers' Compensation Program is self-insured and self-administered. It is a unique program designed with special features that provide the injured worker the support to return to work as soon as reasonably possible.
- Dental and Vision Benefits
Schools Insurance Authority manages self-funded dental and vision programs, including underwriting and rate development, and contracts with Delta Dental of California and Vision Service Plan (VSP) for the administration of dental and vision claims, respectively, for our members.
- Underground Storage Tanks
School districts with underground storage tanks are required by state and federal mandate to provide proof of financial responsibility.